PLANT & PRODUCTION ENGINEER I I
– Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advance Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institution and registered by Engineers Registration Board of Tanzania as a professional Engineer.
– A working experience of at least 3 years as an Engineer with a reputable Government and or Private business organization.
Attractive and Competitive Package and Fringe Benefits as per LUWASA Incentive Scheme will be offered to the successful Candidate.
The Plant and Production Engineer shall be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitoring water quality and quantity from boreholes and water distribution system and ensuring compliance with the prescribed standards for drinking water.
• Carries out mechanical maintenance and repair of machines, equipment, pumps, and motors.
• Completes job cards for every mechanical maintenance and repair work carried out.
• Repairs reported mechanical faults of machines and equipment.
• Undertakes training on new machines and pumps operation.
• Keeps record of mechanical maintenance and repair works undertaken for every machine, equipment and pumps.
• Carries out mechanical repairs and inspections by using established official check list.
• Makes proper housekeeping of machines equipment and pumps.
• Operates the water pumps according to pumps schedules.
• Monitors the availability of adequate electricity.
• Makes housekeeping of water pumps, pump house and surroundings.
• Keeps proper recording of pumps performance.
• Keeps proper records on water pumps breakdowns.
• Keeps proper recording and reporting on electricity power failure.
• Keeps proper recording of the amount of pumped water at established time intervals from clean water storage reservoirs.
• To carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
All application should be addressed to Undersigned post before 25/08/2018.
Lindi Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority
Females are encouraged to apply.